GDPR Compliance Statement for Megri.com
Last updated: 1st August 2023
Megri.com is committed to ensuring the protection and privacy of the personal data of its users, in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. This GDPR Compliance Statement outlines our dedicated measures to comply with European data protection laws.
At megri.com, we are dedicated to ensuring compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR is a comprehensive data protection and privacy regulation that applies to individuals within the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). Its main objectives are to empower individuals with control over their personal data and to streamline data protection regulations for international businesses operating within the EU. The GDPR replaces the previous data protection directive (Directive 95/46/EC) and has been in effect since May 25, 2018. We are fully committed to upholding the principles and requirements outlined in the GDPR to protect the privacy and rights of our users.
Data Processing and Storage
- Lawfulness, fairness, and transparency: Any personal data collected by Megri.com is processed transparently, fairly, and in full accordance with the law.
- Purpose limitation: Personal data is collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner incompatible with those purposes.
- Data minimization: We only collect and process the personal data that is necessary for the purposes for which it is intended.
- Accuracy: We take every reasonable step to ensure personal data is accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- Storage limitation: Personal data is stored in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data is processed.
- Integrity and confidentiality: We have implemented technical and organizational measures designed to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of our systems and services.
Data Subject Rights
Megri.com respects the rights of data subjects:
- Right to Access: Individuals can request details of their personal data and how we process it.
- Right to Rectification: We will amend personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: Individuals can request us to delete or remove their data under certain circumstances.
- Right to Restrict Processing: In specific situations, individuals can request us to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of their personal data.
- Right to Data Portability: Individuals can obtain and reuse their personal data across different services.
- Right to Object: In certain circumstances, individuals can object to their personal data being processed.
Megri.com does not transfer personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) unless there is a valid legal basis and an assured adequate level of protection for personal data.
Data Breach Notification
In the unlikely event of a breach, Megri.com is committed to notifying the relevant supervisory authority within 72 hours and, if applicable, the affected individuals, in line with GDPR regulations.
Training & Awareness
All our employees and contractors undergo mandatory data protection and GDPR training.
Megri.com continually reviews and updates its data processing practices and security measures to ensure full GDPR compliance.
If you have any questions or concerns about our GDPR compliance practices, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Data Protection Officer at https://www.megri.com/contact
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our users and we will continue to take steps to ensure that we are GDPR compliant. We will regularly review our GDPR compliance practices and update this statement as needed.