Diabetes is a disease in which the body does not produce or properly use insulin, a hormone that is necessary to convert sugar, starches, and other food into energy.
Diabetes occurs when the pancreas doesn’t make enough or any of the hormone insulin, or when the insulin produced doesn’t work effectively. In diabetes, this causes the level of glucose in the blood to be too high.
Causes of Diabetes:
1) Diabetes are more prone to the people with a family history of diabetes.
2) People who are very overweight.
3) Women who have given birth to a big baby.
4) A disease called pancreas is also one of the cause of diabetes that does not
make enough insulin for the body’s needs, or the cells in the muscles,
liver,and fat do not use insulin properly, or both. As a result, the amount of
glucose in the blood increases while the cells are starved of energy.
5) High blood pressure or high cholesterol are linked with insulin resistance
and heart disease.
6) Lack of physical activity, Being inactive can lead to excess body fat, high
blood sugar, and high blood pressure.