A word competition has changed the meaning of every single thing in the world. And it is also a fact that to improvise yourself you need a competition and most of all you need to learn how to survive that competition and come out with flying colours.
What exactly does a sports competition requires?
Sports Competition increases your stamina which enables you to get yourself at an ease and at a power where you establish a zeal which take you to another level where you can win anything and everything possible. And proper traning increase chances of winning competion. So there are definitely some key points to remember which makes you ultra sportsmen who become undefeatable. All the athletes are nervous prior to competition, this is natural, but often it results in a lack of confidence by athlete. Their aim should be very much clear that they are confident in what they do and have a full belief over themselves that they will surely be able to conquer it.
There are some key events to be kept in mind before the sports competition:
- In a conversation with a coach Kenny Kane about mental approach to training he said “Game day is about taking all the weeks of practice, experimenting, failing and succeeding and in a way letting go of it all and just doing it completely”.
- We should always take big chances and using disappointments as fuel has allowed him to achieve success both as a competitor and as a coach. For many experienced international coaches the biggest success lies in taking the biggest risks.
- We should prepare ourselves for both success as well as loss as the game day sometimes results in a win and sometimes in a loss. Part of the mental landscape for a competitive athlete is dealing with the aftermath of the event. Sometimes it may be worked so hard and feel so good on a personal level that a loss might feel like success.
- It should b kept in mind that the training and practice before the day of the competition should not be much vigorous and time consuming.
- Mental state is something which is to be kept in mind and it should be kept at ease so that your brain rests while you prepare yourself with the dos and don’ts of the competition.
- The athlete should keep their energy supplements ready at their ease because there may arise any situation of mishap or they may lose their consciousness.
- Athlete should prepare itself through a series of situations like what if. Even exercise can help in boost mood and prepare you mentally as well as physically for competition.
- The prime condition for sportsman should be sportsmanship and team spirit and these lessons should be very well taught by their coaches so that even if they lose they accept it with a brave accepting smile.
Mental wellness is of utmost importance and stress free environment is what is requires for a healthy Sports Competition. Follow the steps mentioned above and touch the feet of victory with valour.