“Mission Impossible: Fallout” the action sequel keep their position in the first weekend at the top of the box office chart. The Mission Impossible film is one of the most popular movie seasons for exhibitors and the production had a budget of $178 million but at the beginning, more than $65 million was expected according to the Box Office Mojo.
According to the Shawn Robbins of Box Office Pro, the film aims to introduce younger ones in the characters who have been presented in the traditional, hand-drawn animated medium.
No. 1 weekend movie is “Fallout” as this movie collects around $ 61.5 million in U.S and Canadian theatres. This movie easily cross easily “Teen Titan Go!” an animal picture from Warner Bros which is placed in 5th with $10.5 million in ticket sales. In “Mission Impossible: Fallout” the tom cruise performing his own stunts which are held on the top spot this weekend in the movie theatres.
This week another new release was the Young Adult sci-fi adaptation The Darkest Minds. This movie made only $5.8 million which is the worst opening of all time and ranked 11th. The musical comedy Mamma Mia! Is at No. 4 on its third week of release, while Denzel Washington is at No. 5.
You can view the Top 10 list compose by the Box Office Mojo for the August 3-5 US box office below:
US/Canada Box Office For August First week here:
- Mission Impossible: Fallout – $35.1 million
- Disney’s Christopher Robin – $24.5 million
- The Spy Who Dumped Me – $12.1 million
- Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again – $15.0 million
- The Equalizer 2 – $14.0 million
- Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation – $8.0 million
- Ant-Man and the Wasp – $6.3 million
- The Darkest Minds – $5.8 million
- Incredibles 2 – $4.9 million
- Teen Titans Go! To The Movies – $4.7 million
So why not go out and enjoy this epic movie with your friends and family this weekend!